Whether you want to stay in a ryokan, stand in awe at busy Shibuya Crossing, visit beautiful temples, or hike Mount Fuji, the local Fodor's travel experts in Tokyo are here to help Fodor's Tokyo guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Tokyo travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on Tokyo's Best Temples and Shrines, Best Quirky Souvenir Shops, and Free Things to Do
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES ON "Peerless Fuji," "A Japanese Culture Primer," and "Isolation and Engagement: A History of Japan"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- Japanese LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Shinjuku, Ginza, Shibuya, Asakusa, Imperial Palace District, Akihabara, Marunouchi, Harajuku, Tokyo Skytree, Tosho-gu Shrine, Roppongi, Senso-ji, Mount Fuji, Kamakura, Yokohama, Nikko, Hakone, lake Chuzenji
Planning on visiting other destinations in Japan? Check out Fodor's Essential Japan.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us